A firewall lockout is most often caused by a device configured with incorrect password details, such as a mail client. Some additional information about being locked out is as follows:
- The lockout occurs at an 'IP address' level. An IP address is assigned to your modem by your ISP, and is used to connect you to the Internet.
- When the lockout occurs, it will impact any device that is using that IP address to acces the Internet (e.g if you are at your workplace and a firewall block occurs, every device at your workplace will be blocked, not just the device causing the block).
If you are being locked out you will need to ensure all devices are configured with the correct details.
Checking e-mail client configuration
- Find all devices configured to use e-mail
- Turn them all off
- Turn on one device and check to see if it can send and recieve e-mail.
- If it can't send or recieve e-mail:
- Ensure all mail account settings are correct.
- Remember to also check outgoing SMTP server account settings
- Check the firewall to make sure you are not blocked (see below)
- Once this device works, turn on the next device and repeat the above step
- Repeat the above for any remaining devices
- If you finish checking all devices and you still have this issue:
- Check each device to make sure multiple mail clients aren't present (E.g you now use Oultook but you used to use Microsoft Mail, and Microsoft Mail is configured incorrectly)
- There may be another device causing the lockout
Checking you are blocked by the firewall
- Access the e-mail web server directly using https://cp-kil-m-xxx.micron21.com:2096 (your server URL was provided upon account creation)
- If you receive a message that you're blocked, run through the 'Captcha' prompts to unblock
- Wait a moment (approx. 30 seconds)
- Refresh the web page
- If you see the 'Webmail' login details, then you are not blocked
- If you see a message indicating that you are blocked, then you will need to run through the 'Captcha' prompts again
Can't find what you're looking for?
Create or manage support tickets directly with Micron21
You will need to register a new account if this is the first time lodging a ticket.
If you have previous lodged a ticket either online, email or over the phone you will already have an account. Please reset your password, if you have not logged into the support portal before.
Lodge a ticket
Manage existing tickets