Creating a staging installation allows you to test the upgrades or the changes before applying them to the main installation. Once satisfied, then you can push the changes to the main installation.
- Log into your cPanel hosting environment.
- Navigate to the "WordPress Manager by Softaculous" tool.
- To create a new WordPress Installation you can follow our guide to do so.
- Any existing installations should be listed under "Installations". If you do not see any existing installations, you can use the "Scan" option to find any existing installations.
- Select the installation that you would like to create a staging website for, by clicking the drop-down arrow and selecting the "Staging" option.
- Select the installation URL from the drop-down list. If you only have your primary URL in the list, then you will need to create a new domain or subdomain such as - staging.yourdomain.com - If you're unsure, you can follow our guide.
- Name the database if required, and update the site settings as required.
- Click "Creating Staging" to create the new Staging Installation.
For more information regarding the staging options in WordPress Manager, you can review the Softaculous documentation.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Create or manage support tickets directly with Micron21
You will need to register a new account if this is the first time lodging a ticket.
If you have previous lodged a ticket either online, email or over the phone you will already have an account. Please reset your password, if you have not logged into the support portal before.
Lodge a ticket
Manage existing tickets