The following guide will list the steps you can take to clear out older emails from email accounts.
This is useful if you are running out of disk space on your email account or on your website hosting account overall and are looking to clear out space.
Log into your cPanel account.
Under the "Email" header, select "Email Accounts". This will give you a list of mailboxes and how much space they are taking up in your hosting account.
Click "Manage" to the right of the mailbox you want to manage the space for.
- Under the "Storage" heading, you can either adjust the allocated space for the mailbox or set the mailbox to have unlimited space.
(Note that the total used space of all mailboxes in your account cannot exceed the maximum allocated space for your cPanel account).
If you need to delete emails en-masse to free disk space, you can also use the Email Disk Usage" feature in your cPanel account.
- Log into your cPanel account.
- Under the "Email" header, select "Email Disk Usage". This will show you a liste of mailboxes and folders in those mailboxes and how much disk space they are using in your account.
- Select the mailbox from the "Account" dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Select "Manage" to the right of the folder you want to clear mail from.
- You can then select the range of messages to delete.
- For advanced control over what emails to delete, you can select the "Custom Query" and specify conditions using Dovecot Search Query: https://doc.dovecot.org/3.0/man/doveadm-search-query.7/
Can't find what you're looking for?
Create or manage support tickets directly with Micron21
You will need to register a new account if this is the first time lodging a ticket.
If you have previous lodged a ticket either online, email or over the phone you will already have an account. Please reset your password, if you have not logged into the support portal before.
Lodge a ticket
Manage existing tickets